June 26, 2013

Blackberry Bourbon Fizz

My first drink post!  On one hand it's a bit of a shocker, considering the origin of Charm Hour, and my affection for a nice drink.  On the other hand, I'm pretty straight forward when it comes to booze- give me a dark beer or a dry wine and I'm a happy woman.

On this particular afternoon, Joe texted me about doing something fancy for dinner.  I had a bag of tricks up my sleeve for a nice dinner to cook, and it turned out Joe didn't have ideas for food, just for drinks.  Somewhere in the world wide wed he came across this little charmer:



Who could resist?!  Especially when Joe seriously loves bourbon.  We even have a painting of a Maker's Mark bottle in our kitchen (and a Budweiser bottle- gotta keep that class under control).  Painting is another one of those artistic things that I have little training beyond hanging out with my grandmother but love to pick up from time to time.  Which is basically everything here on Charm Hour, now that I think of it.

Before I get any more distracted, the Blackberry Bourbon Fizz!


You'll Need:

Bourbon - pick your favorite
Ginger Ale
Club Soda
Blackberries (duh)


And now for those very simple directions:


Add your blackberries and crush as much or as little as you please.
You can always crush them later with a spoon.





We like this stuff.


  Joe more than me- you can guess which one's mine.


Fill most of the way with ginger ale.


And add a spritz of club soda.


And that's it!  I crushed up my blackberries at this point to get a little more fruity flavor in there.







Drink up!


No comments: