July 08, 2013

Sully's Knit Dragon

Holy moly has it been a long time.  It's been a week since my last post, but it's been a very long time since my last crafty post.  And this project has been in the works since probably February, so I am very very glad to have it finished finally.  Considering I have two dragonflies, a carrion beetle, a baby blanket, and a set of sunflower coasters in the works, it's about time something made it out of my progress basket.

I made it for the amazingly adorable baby Sully.  Last night Joe and I met up with his parents for dinner, so I decided to get my butt in gear and make his little legs so Sully could have something new to curl up with.  And because his parents are sci-fi lovers, he definitely needs a little magic monster. 




Pardon the fact the the flash brings out his stuffing- it isn't nearly that noticeable in person.  But because I was actually finishing his itty bitty dragon arms in the car on the way over, and then stitching them on while we were doing drinks and appetizers, I forgot about getting some photos to post until we were just about to leave and the sun already went down.  So all things considered, the pictures aren't too shabby.


The pattern can be found here on Ravelry.  It's a free pattern that's a few pages long with lots of pictures.  It's knit in the round on double pointed needles.

The only thing I remember changing from the original is that for the upper arms I cast on 6, did about 8 rounds, then did k2-kfb-k2-kfb, knit about 4 rounds, k2tog around, then tied off.  And I did yarn eyes.



And I could say this is for scale, but it's really because I think it's funny.  




Post a Comment